Sunday 1 May 2016

Back in the Saddle

Following Silverstone and Brighton, today was my first trip out with the balls since 13th March. Not a great deal to say about it other than the sun was shining and it was really pleasant to be out. I did six laps (6.81 miles) in 58:50 which is an average of 8:39 per mile. Pretty comfortable. No big deal. No loss of control. Looking forward to more days like this as I increase the milage again.
I sent an email to the organisers of the Copenhagen half marathon yesterday asking if they'd let me run that in September. It'll be good practise as I understand about 22,000 people run it. I figure the Danes are a pretty friendly, relaxed bunch so I'm hopeful of a positive response.
I'm probably going to run the Ted Pepper 10k tomorrow (without balls).
I'll let you know what the Danes say.

No comments:

Post a Comment