Sunday 15 May 2016

A Great Day!

It's been a very good day. It started in the sunshine as I was a marshal at my running club's members' 10k. I managed to get some really nice pictures to share with them too. Oh, and there was lots of cake at the finish. Then in the last games of the Premiership, Arsenal beat Aston Villa 4-0 and Tottenham got spanked 5-1 by Newcastle meaning Arsenal beat Tottenham into second place.
Anyway, to the basketball.
I went out at 5pm today with the intention of doing the 8 laps it was too hot for last week. And it was easy. But I learnt (both last week and this) how power sapping the sun can be. It was much cooler but the sun was in and out during my run today and it's so much easier when it's in.
I had two comments from children on bikes today; one from a girl about 7 who said "You're really good!" and then a brief conversation with a lad of about 14:
"I can do that!"
"Can you? Can you do it for 9 miles?"
"Err, no."
I did 9.03 miles in 1:16:58 which is an average pace per mile of 8:31. This is nearly a whole minute per mile faster than last week when I did 2 miles less. My last mile was the fastest too at 8:07. Very happy with that. I had more to give. I might try 10 laps next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment