Sunday 29 November 2015

We don't mind you overtaking but...

I had to get out early today. Mum & dad are over and the children were booked in at Go Ape at Leeds Castle at 11:30. It was a rush but I wanted to have a go at six laps today.
To say it was windy was an understatement. A Facebook friend had described the weather as 'apocalyptic'. Now I wouldn't have gone that far but it was flippin' blowy down that back straight of the park today. I really had to keep low. Gusts of wind were blowing the balls backwards! so it was good handling practice. I considered doing just the five laps today due to the wind and time constraints but I managed to complete six laps as originally planned.
Six laps are 6.84 miles and I did it today in just over an hour - 1:00:45 to be precise, which makes my average pace per mile 8:53. I'm disappointed that this was a slower pace than last week but I have to give myself a bit of a break due to the weather.
There were more 'Wow!'s  from children and a 'Woah!' from a grown up but todays reaction of the day was from two older gentlemen running round the park on my last lap. People I overtake obviously hear me coming long before I reach them and these guys had been looking over their shoulders for a while. As I approached, one said: 'We don't mind you overtaking but not while you're bouncing two balls!'.
'Sorry gents. I'm nearly finished.'
I won't be able to do the planned seven laps next Sunday as I'm running the Seaford Mince Pie 10 Mile race (without basketballs). Maybe I can fit it in the following Tuesday Morning.

It's dirty work

1 comment: