Sunday 22 November 2015

Hit by a Frisbee!

Well, it was my birthday yesterday and I had a great day but didn't drink myself into oblivion. So I was reasonably fresh when I went to the park at 3pm today. It was much quieter than it was last Sunday morning but there were still quite a few people about. Bitterly cold though! but no wind to contend with. Because of the cold I had to put quite a bit of extra air in the balls to make them bounce properly. Also because of the cold, I decided to dig out my old Bromley basketball shorts to wear instead of my usual running shorts. They're huge and much warmer.
I wanted to do an extra lap today and managed it with ease. I didn't lose either ball despite a couple of scares. I still managed to maintain the dribble even when I was hit in the leg by a Frisbee! I've no idea where it came from. It kind of came from the side. There was no "Sorry!" so I'm not sure if it was an accident or if I was targeted. I didn't have time to stop and look. I just carried on.
A few more comments again today. Mostly from children. My favourite today from a little girl on a scooter aged about 3 or 4: "How DOES he do that?!"
So my five laps covered 5.72 miles and I did it in a time of 47:44 which is an average of 8:20 per mile. At that pace I could beat the record by more than half an hour! I know it's going to get tougher as the miles increase though.
Six laps next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment