Sunday 4 September 2016

Copenhagen 2 : Bristol 3

So it's just 2 weeks to Copenhagen and 3 weeks to the Bristol half. My Bristol race pack arrived Saturday but I have to pick up my Copenhagen stuff at the expo on the Saturday before the race.
I'm going to be brief today. I ran six miles on Wednesday with balls, averaging 8:54 per mile and today did a normal ten mile run averaging 8:40 per mile. I'm not as quick as I was before my knee trouble as evidenced at track night on Thursday. We did 5 intervals of 1k with a 200m jog recovery in between each. My collective time for the 5k was 20:20 which is more than a minute slower than my Parkrun PB which made me realise what I've lost whilst injured. However, I'm still hoping to finish Copenhagen in under 2 hours.
Having had a chat with our coach at Petts Wood Runners I have agreed with him that trying to run the Abingdon marathon at the end of October is just asking for trouble at this point, given how little time I have to train. The intensity required could easily set my knee back, so I've managed to sell my place on to someone on the waiting list.
I'm going to do a bit of swimming this week, a few ball skills, club night, track night, Parkrun and one final long run on Sunday before Copenhagen.
#kev2balls

No comments:

Post a Comment